APPLICATION FOR ANALYST
NCTN team of analysts come from extremely diverse backgrounds and share an intense passion for understanding how the world operates through a geopolitical lens. We are looking for candidates that demonstrate a high quality of mind and energy for what we do.
NCTN analysts go beyond a narrow area of expertise to understand how issues connect across regions and themes. We are looking for candidates who will thrive in a place where both speed and depth of analysis hold equal weight.
NCTN is currently looking for experts for its database and potential future projects. All Analyst positions are based at/in home country.
As an NCTN core team of analysts, you will be responsible for supplying the NCTN main publishing arm with high-quality and forward-looking analysis and for providing reports and briefings to NCTN diverse set of clients. The NCTN engagement with clients and international media also necessitates a professional presence with excellent briefing and verbal communication skills.
- Creativity and clarity in constructing clear, logical arguments with supporting evidence
- Clear and compelling writing skills
- Rigor and resourcefulness in conducting research
- Well-rounded and in-depth understanding of regional or thematic focus for which you
- are interviewing. Rather than country or narrow issue experts, we are looking for
- candidates that can understand the key political, security, historical and social trends shaping a region.
- Self-starter qualities; the ability to manage your own time and work constructively as a member of a local and virtual overseas team
- Strong command in written English and relevant foreign language capabilities in addition is a major plus.
- European Union
- Eurasia/Former Soviet Union
- Southeast Asia
- Middle East
- Sub-Saharan Africa
Please submit a cover letter, resume (CV) and relevant writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letters should be no more than 500 words explaining why you genuinely want to work for NCTN and how you specifically meet the requirements outlined.
Only successful applicants will be notified through email.
COUNTER TERRORISM INTERNSHIP
UNIVERSITY OF INDONESIA, TERRORISM RESEARCH CENTRE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM FOR 3 MONTHS
ANNOUNCEMENT: TO BE ANNOUNCED
Summer & Winter Intakes
The Indonesian Internship Program (IIP)- Counter Terrorism Internship is only for Nordic citizens (Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark & Iceland) pursuing a Master’s degree or a recent graduate of not more than six months from date of graduation to pursue a counter terrorism internship at the Terrorism Research Centre, University of Indonesia, School of Strategic and Global Studies.
The intern should be working towards a degree in national security and preferably in counter terrorism, radicalization, and prevention of violent extremism. Other areas of focus include policy and security cooperation in countering non-traditional threats such as maritime and aviation terrorism.
The program is non salaried neither does it provide flight travel, accommodation, local transportation nor medical coverage or any funding. Interns are solely liable for all cost related to their internship. The IACSP Indonesia or UI may be able to source for accommodation and assist where can.
INTAKE: SUMMER SESSION
The summer session will begin on the first week of May and will last till end of July
INTAKE: WINTER SESSION
The winter session will begin on the first week of January and will last till end of March
Closing dates for all applications are end of January for the summer session and end of September for the winter session
- Provide letter of motivation
- Current resume
- Letter of support from University/Department or Professor
- Current writings or published articles
- Letter confirming incumbent’s confirmation on accepting terms and conditions for internships according to information provided above for Indonesia Internship Program
Acceptance is by merit and selection is limited to six incumbents one from each of the Nordic States. Incumbents will be notified within two to three weeks after the closing dates. If you do not receive any notification within those times, please consider your application to be rejected. You can reapply again for other given sessions.
APPROXIMATE COST AND ADMINISTRATION FEES
To be informed upon request